Welcome to Year 4
We are your teachers for the year.
Welcome to the Autumn Term!
4S - Miss Butters
4Y- Miss Barnaby
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Holdford
What are we learning?
We will start the year by looking at the book 'Here we Are' by Oliver Jeffers. As a class, we will be producing pieces of work based on what is special to us as well as looking forward to the future.
In the Autumn Term we will have a Geography focus in our Topic lessons where will be looking at India as a country. We will be learning all about rivers, mountains and cities as well as physical and human features of India's landscape. We will be thinking about questions such as: How do rivers form? Why were cities built along the banks of a river?
Currently, children will need to come to school dressed in their P.E. kit. As children will be wearing their PE kit all day, we would recommend that they come to school wearing joggers/leggings with their PE shorts underneath. Children are welcome to wear trainers, however if they only have plimsolls we recommend they wear their school shoes and bring plimsolls to change in to.
Monday & Wednesday
Tuesday & Friday
Please read with your child at least 3x a week. All children have an active learn account and can access lots of e-books on there. Please ask your child's teacher if you do not have their login details. In addition, there are some websites below with additional reading they can do online.
We will be using Seesaw to send out spellings and homework. This will reduce our paper usage and will avoid homework getting lost! Please make sure you are signed up to Seesaw.
Our spelling test will be on a Friday. The spellings for the week can be found on seesaw. We will practise the spelling pattern in class and would appreciate your support with learning spellings at home.
We will be practicing Times Tables daily. Every child has access to their own Times Table Rockstar account where they can practice their rapid recall of timestable facts. The daily practice comes from this so it is good practice for them to be using it.
By the end of the year all children in Year 4 should be able to recall their times table facts fluently and with speed.
Children can practise their handwriting at home as well as in school. We currently use Letter-join and details to log in to this have been sent home via a letter.
Here are some recommended websites which provide opportunities for revision and further learning:
- https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0 (Online reading - all children have their own login details)
- https://play.ttrockstars.com/ (Times table practise - all children have their own login details)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers ( Songs and movements to cover a range of subjects)
- https://www.letterjoin.co.uk/ (Handwriting practise using our school handwriting style)
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ (Movement and mindfulness)
- www.kiddle.co.uk (Great for research)
- www.ictgames.co.uk (Maths and English games)
- www.snappymaths.com (Worksheets for maths)
- www.crickweb.co.uk (Educational resources for a range of subjects)
- http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/ (Great for research)
- www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2 (Resources and videos for a range of subjects)
- www.mathszone.co.uk (Maths games and activities)
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ (Maths games and activities)
- https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html (Home learning activity packs)
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ (Phonics games and activities)
- https://www.phonicsplaycomics.co.uk/ (Phonics comics to decode)
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ (Free ebooks for all ages - free account needed to access these)
- https://www.mathswithmum.com/primary-maths-lessons/ (Videos and worksheets for maths)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround (Children's news)
- http://www.pobble365.com/ (A picture a day with lots of literacy activities based on that image)
- https://nrich.maths.org/primary (Maths challenges)
- https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/ (Good for researching)
- https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/ (Good for researching)
- https://www.worldbookday.com/world-of-stories/ (Free audio books)
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyCLoPd4VxBvPHOpzoEk5onAEbq40g2-k (Joe Wicks Kids Workouts)