Welcome to the Autumn Term!
3L - Mrs Limmer
3K - Mr Kightley
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Holdford
What are we learning?
We will start the year by looking at the book 'Here we Are' by Oliver Jeffers. As a class, we will be producing pieces of work based on what is special to us as well as looking forward to the future.
Our topic for the Autumn Term will be Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age. We will be thinking about questions such as: How long ago were these time periods? What do archaeologists do? What is Skara Brae and what can it tell us about the past? Who were the Celts?
Currently, children will need to come to school dressed in their P.E. kit. As children will be wearing their PE kit all day, we would recommend that they come to school wearing joggers/leggings with their PE shorts underneath. Children are welcome to wear trainers, however if they only have plimsolls we recommend they wear their school shoes and bring plimsolls to change in to.
|3L:||Monday & Thursday|
|3K:||Monday & Thursday|
Please read with your child at least 3x a week. All children have an active learn account and can access lots of e-books on there. Please ask your child's teacher if you do not have their login details. There are some additional websites below where children can access texts to read.
We will be using Seesaw to send out spellings and homework. This will reduce our paper usage and will avoid homework getting lost! Please make sure you are signed up to Seesaw.
Our spelling test will be on a Friday. The spellings for the week can be found on seesaw. We will practise the spelling pattern in class and would appreciate your support with learning spellings at home.
Our times table test will be on a Friday. We will have regular opportunities to practise our times table facts in school. Each child will complete a test each Friday at an appropriate level. When they are confident, they will learn a new set of times tables.
Children should also make use of Times Tables Rockstars to practise their times tables weekly. Please ask your child's teacher if you do not have login details for this. We will be consolidating the 2,5 and 10 times tables as well as introducing the 3,4 and 8 times tables. We would appreciate your support with this important area of maths.
Children can practise their handwriting at home as well as in school. We currently use Letter-join.
Here are some recommended websites which provide opportunities for revision and further learning:
- https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0 (Online reading - all children have their own login details)
- https://play.ttrockstars.com/ (Times table practise - all children have their own login details)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers ( Songs and movements to cover a range of subjects)
- https://www.letterjoin.co.uk/ (Handwriting practise using our school handwriting style)
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ (Movement and mindfulness)
- www.kiddle.co.uk (Great for research)
- www.ictgames.co.uk (Maths and English games)
- www.snappymaths.com (Worksheets for maths)
- www.crickweb.co.uk (Educational resources for a range of subjects)
- http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/ (Great for research)
- www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2 (Resources and videos for a range of subjects)
- www.mathszone.co.uk (Maths games and activities)
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ (Maths games and activities)
- https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html (Home learning activity packs)
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ (Phonics games and activities)
- https://www.phonicsplaycomics.co.uk/ (Phonics comics to decode)
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ (Free ebooks for all ages - free account needed to access these)
- https://www.mathswithmum.com/primary-maths-lessons/ (Videos and worksheets for maths)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround (Children's news)
- http://www.pobble365.com/ (A picture a day with lots of literacy activities based on that image)
- https://nrich.maths.org/primary (Maths challenges)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zg87xnb (Learning guides and videos about Ancient Egypt)
- https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/ (Good for researching)
- https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/ (Good for researching)
- https://www.childrensuniversity.manchester.ac.uk/learning-activities/history/ancient-egypt/introduction/ (Find out more about Ancient Egypt)
- https://www.worldbookday.com/world-of-stories/ (Free audio books)
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyCLoPd4VxBvPHOpzoEk5onAEbq40g2-k (Joe Wicks Kids Workouts)
- https://www.scouts.org.uk/the-great-indoors/ (Lots of fantastic activities for the whole family to do indoors)