Welcome to the Caterpillars and Acorns homepage!
Welcome to all our new starters! We have had a great first few weeks settling into school life. We have explored our new environments, met new friends and begun to learn skills that will last through our school life.
- We are starting the year by exploring the story 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt' by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury. We will be making mud pies, hunting for bears and using the ipads to take photographs.
- Later on in the term we will be looking at the story of The Gruffalo and Superworm by Julia Donaldson.
With our class teacher we have talked about expectations in the classroom and around school. By following our class expectations we will all learn together!
We have started using our new Phonics Bug programme which encompasses interactive learning with phonics skills and progression.
- We aim to listen to all children read once a week, with books being changed when the children show confidence in the text they have read.
- Please send in any pictures or work your children do at home or put it on tapestry so we can share it with the class.
- We will be sending weekly home learning tasks outs every Friday, please complete these and send them in to school by Wednesday.
Things to look out for in school
We will be holding a session on the 18th September to introduce Tapestry to all parents. We will also be talking about ways to enhance your child's online journal by adding home observations of your child doing wonderful things.
Starting on Friday 14th September and continuing throughout the year, we would like to welcome parents and carers to join in with our story time at 3:10pm. Story times are a great way to give your child a love of books and we would love to see as many of you there as possible; younger siblings are also welcome.